Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Three life-altering things happened in the last few months of 2005, of which I have the liberty (ceteris-paribus) of altering two (the third, I would never want to!) - I changed my marital status, changed my residential status and changed my job status - in that order.

I see myself then and I see myself now and I am a very different person, if not completely. Since all three happened within a short span of each other, I am having extreme difficulty in compartmentalizing and attributing the changes to each of the three. So I plan to apply the process of formulating general concepts by abstracting common properties of instances, to figure out what in me changed to what external coercions.

Before I move, let me warn the curious reader that he/she will not be able to fully understand the 'changes' that I am taking about, not because on my explanatory abilities (or lack of them), but because there is no determinable or distinguishable way these can be described. For a while I heard friends back in India say, I've 'changed', but always thought don't we all, sometime or the other?

Only very recently, I started feeling it, from within, and yet I can't describe it. My countenance is the same, I radiate the same individuality, the same temperament, the same demeanor - I know I can work as hard as I could before, or veg out as shamelessly. Then what is it? Or more importantly, is it for the better or worse. Now, the answer to that is for my benefit only..

More on my abstraction process late...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home